Thursday, September 9, 2010

3-D Speedbump

This is really weird and really awesome. I read this very interesting article about an alternative to speedbumps. At a school in Canada they have painted an elongated picture of a child on the pavement, which as you drive toward it appears as a 3-D optical illusion, hopefully getting drivers to brake not to hit the phantom child.
Now, imagine the possibilities for this...I am envisioning advertisements painted in parking garages (which is what this picture looks like) so drivers coming and going will see some brand name image pop-up in front of them.

I think the best part of it all is that the painted child is named "Pavement Patty!" Hahahahaha!

Maybe painting something that won't create emergency stops and rear-end collisions might have been a little better? I can imagine a bunch of things that might be more appropriate but I am sure this will get the message across to drivers.

No comments:

Post a Comment