Friday, September 24, 2010

Bahia Emerald

This story is not profound so it could easily be part of No-Profundity but as you will see and find out, an 800+ lb emerald is definitely something for the Mullet of Blogs.
This is not the largest cut or polished emerald in the world, obviously, as you can see from the picture above. The article I read that literally "unearthed" this topic for me is here. I found myself chuckling when I read about the legal proceedings about the ownership of this emerald and the one man who testified that he purchased it for $60000, while the value has been reported to be more than 380 million dollars. That was a tough story to swallow, but I guess there has been weirder stories, I can't think of any at the moment but they probably exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment